Torrent Invites! Buy, Trade, Sell Or Find Free Invites, For EVERY Private Tracker! HDBits.org, BTN, PTP, MTV, Apollo, Bibliotik, RED, BitMe, BitMeTV, IPT, TL, PHD etc!



Results 1 to 7 of 7
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By jimmy7
  • 1 Post By jimmy7
  • 1 Post By Tassadar
  • 1 Post By dEzAsTeR

Thread: How to limit upload speed on ruTorrent?

  1. #1
    Moderator
    YusukeUramesh's Avatar
    Reputation Points
    170024
    Reputation Power
    100
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,450
    Time Online
    130 d 13 h 26 m
    Avg. Time Online
    5 h 23 m
    Mentioned
    1262 Post(s)
    Quoted
    337 Post(s)
    Liked
    3420 times
    Feedbacks
    156 (100%)

    How to limit upload speed on ruTorrent?

    Hi, does anyone know how to limit the upload speed? I don't mean set ratio groups that stop the upload when they reach a certain ratio, but limit the upload speed (that upload up to maximum 50MBps for example)

    There are trackers that ban for more than a certain speed, this is the reason for my question

    Any help will be nice!

  2. #2
    Super Moderator
    jimmy7's Avatar
    Reputation Points
    436115
    Reputation Power
    100
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    11,429
    Time Online
    244 d 12 h 20 m
    Avg. Time Online
    6 h 16 m
    Mentioned
    1587 Post(s)
    Quoted
    466 Post(s)
    Liked
    20998 times
    Feedbacks
    89 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by YusukeUramesh View Post
    Hi, does anyone know how to limit the upload speed? I don't mean set ratio groups that stop the upload when they reach a certain ratio, but limit the upload speed (that upload up to maximum 50MBps for example)

    There are trackers that ban for more than a certain speed, this is the reason for my question

    Any help will be nice!
    You can do that by assigning a specific channel. Highlight a particular torrent or a group of torrents that you want to assign
    a channel number, then right click and go to Set Channel option to choose from the available values.
    You can set up the available channel values (according to your needs) by going to Rutorrents settings. Select Channels from the menu.

  3. #3
    Moderator
    YusukeUramesh's Avatar
    Reputation Points
    170024
    Reputation Power
    100
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,450
    Time Online
    130 d 13 h 26 m
    Avg. Time Online
    5 h 23 m
    Mentioned
    1262 Post(s)
    Quoted
    337 Post(s)
    Liked
    3420 times
    Feedbacks
    156 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy7 View Post
    You can do that by assigning a specific channel. Highlight a particular torrent or a group of torrents that you want to assign
    a channel number, then right click and go to Set Channel option to choose from the available values.
    You can set up the available channel values (according to your needs) by going to Rutorrents settings. Select Channels from the menu.
    Hey mate, thanks for the answer, but I can't find "Channels" in the menu, also do you mean to set ratio groups? I only can see "Set Ratio Group" with right click in any torrent

  4. #4
    Super Moderator
    jimmy7's Avatar
    Reputation Points
    436115
    Reputation Power
    100
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    11,429
    Time Online
    244 d 12 h 20 m
    Avg. Time Online
    6 h 16 m
    Mentioned
    1587 Post(s)
    Quoted
    466 Post(s)
    Liked
    20998 times
    Feedbacks
    89 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by YusukeUramesh View Post
    Hey mate, thanks for the answer, but I can't find "Channels" in the menu, also do you mean to set ratio groups? I only can see "Set Ratio Group" with right click in any torrent
    If the options are not there, you need to talk with your seedbox's support team about that. It's really strange though. Normally, you should find the "Set Channel" option under the "Set Ratio Group" one.

  5. #5
    Moderator
    YusukeUramesh's Avatar
    Reputation Points
    170024
    Reputation Power
    100
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,450
    Time Online
    130 d 13 h 26 m
    Avg. Time Online
    5 h 23 m
    Mentioned
    1262 Post(s)
    Quoted
    337 Post(s)
    Liked
    3420 times
    Feedbacks
    156 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy7 View Post
    If the options are not there, you need to talk with your seedbox's support team about that. It's really strange though. Normally, you should find the "Set Channel" option under the "Set Ratio Group" one.
    Thanks again, I will do it

  6. #6
    Extreme User
    Tassadar's Avatar
    Reputation Points
    8908
    Reputation Power
    96
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    577
    Time Online
    56 d 21 h 47 m
    Avg. Time Online
    9 h 54 m
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Quoted
    41 Post(s)
    Liked
    161 times
    Feedbacks
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by YusukeUramesh View Post
    Thanks again, I will do it
    If you click the settings wheel in rutorrent, you can see Channels above Ratio Groups
    YusukeUramesh likes this.
    I ain't a killer but don't push me
    Revenge is like the sweetest joy next to gettin' pussy

  7. #7
    Power User
    dEzAsTeR's Avatar
    Reputation Points
    7008
    Reputation Power
    88
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    117
    Time Online
    8 d 14 h 18 m
    Avg. Time Online
    7 m
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Liked
    213 times
    Feedbacks
    35 (100%)
    @YusukeUramesh

    If you use a seedbox from seedboxes.cc you can do this:
    Go on your seedbox gui, on the toolbar you have settings, on settings you have channels, go there and modify the options for "channel 1" for example as you like.
    After that you can set that channel for what torrent you want.
    YusukeUramesh likes this.


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •